Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sports Grill

Most of the restaurants we're reviewing are some if not all of us have never been to before. Sports Grill, however, is one that me, KC Schaffer, and Alberto Yong have been to before-- Well, I've been there countless times since birth, but Alberto and others have not experienced the awesomeness that is Sports Grill.



No bullshit though, this place looks like the most rundown cheap sports bar you've ever seen. It's next to a Tae-Kwon Do Dojo and the only Winn-Dixie in the vicinity. It has asian ornaments probably found in a dumpster behind the place. Kanyays poochin. It also has a mentally challanged waiter who goes around and asks if everythings okay and occasionally doubles as a bus boy. The best thing about it is the location though. Its probably the exact centersphere of all the members of this blog's houses too. Ya, I said centersphere, don't hate, your brain knows what I'm talking about. All the tables are wood and the floor was wood, until the beer pitchers over the years that have little splashes coated the floor with gunk, which to me, is surprisingly comftorable to walk on-- it has a real nice coushin in the sole.

Now the important part, well, second most important part, the food. We've all had the buffalo wings, which everyone agreed were pretty good. The ones they gave us on the date of review were pre-cooked though, sorry for not making this privileged information public earlier, but it wasn't in your best interest, I swear. Nonetheless, they were still pretty awesome with the provided Ken's Blue Cheese. The fries are probably the most amazing thing they have, as long as dipped into the concoction noted on the menu as cheese-- probably cheddar.

Kanyay and Raf had the Sports Burger, aka, a fucking burger whose meat came from a cow that probably didn't play sports-- false advertisement I'd say. From what they[everyone else] tells me they would rate it approximately 8 out of 10. I say from what they tell me because I wouldn't know for myself, because as you will find out by reading this, I don't eat red meat. You'll hear them all pooch on me about it throughout the blog, and I'll just call them poochers in advance for it-- damn poochers.

I also had chicken tenders dipped in buffalo with fries and the aforementioned bleu cheese. These aren't your normal run-of-the-restraunt chain chicken tenders. They aren't fried, they're grilled, and they're delicious. Kanyay had them and it was probably the best thing he tried from Sports Grill. Also, once again, Gabe M. pooched out both days we had gone. Get used to not reading about him in this blog. We call him Gabe M. because we don't see him enough to know his last name. Its that bad. The price for all this is also rarely good for the quality of the food as long as you play your cards right. The most important part of this restaurant is the waitresses though. More some than others, but all the younger ones look pretty dam good. This is especially good since none of us really are into watching sports that much yet go to a sports bar with around 20 tvs playing different stuff. It gives us something to look at while we converse and refuel.

After the scores were counted and we had the triple Florida recount the decision averaged out between all members was around an 8/10. I personally give it around a 9.5 because of the location, price, and eye candy factors. As well as the buffalo sauce being in my blood since I was eating here since before grade school, and that ain't no exaggeration.

-KC Schaffer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try HOOTERSSS!!!! ;]