Monday, July 21, 2008

Beverly Hills Cafe; Or Salad Meccah

A lot of us here at Foods of the World seem to be either lazy, un-motivated, or just plain distracted-- no progress in our proposed/consistent food critiques. Well I'm here, again, to fucking keep this shit going because I'm one of the founders. Also I'm trying to not make this a novelty-- kind of like how I sometimes start things because they sound like brilliant ideas, in which I consistently go with the idea for a couple of weeks until I get bored of them. I'm trying to make this idea keep going as long as it can.

Well this is kind of a special edition of the Foods of the World Tour blog. I am actually the only person in the "tour" that has ever gone to this here establishment... which is a shame, honestly. I mean most of them think their cell-phone is too far away from them, so imagine a restaurant in South Miami. Yet, a Chik-Fil-A in Doral is only a simple 30 miles away. Go Figure.

Anyway, I'm not here to chat about my peers' dining flaws. I'm here to talk about BEVERLY HILLS CAFE.

Photobucket

I've been here countless times meaning I might talk about the countless visits of mine... briefly, of course.

Though, let's start with a brief history lesson. Since I am not a Beverly Hills Cafe historian I will not be able to provide you with the complete history of the restaurant-- all I know is that it was around in the 70's and a couple of major politicians have eaten a meal or two there. They've done some renovations in the past couple of years in where they added an extra room with mirrors to give the illusion that the place is bigger and contains a complete set of clones. But I actually think everyone makes that mistake.

So what do they serve at Beverly Hills Cafe? I mean you can go to any other generic restaurant and probably get a better meal with cool zingy nomenclature... or you can go to Beverly Hills and get a staff of waiters who treat you nice (meaning they want your money) , a good amount of generic American food up for grabs (meaning they love our country), and have an extended SALAD menu (meaning they love me). Yes, the menu's one stand-out is the full page devoted to their "world"ly salad selection. Believe me when I tell you, it's the most blissful thing to see.

I mean no one likes to go to a Chili's or a T.G.I. Friday's to get a salad. They go to get Potstickers and Enchiladas! At BHC, you can the best salad you'll ever taste. Of the times I've gone there I've gotten:
1) Buffallo Chicken Bleu Cheese Salad
2) Fiesta Taco Salad w/ Pico De Gallo
3) Chicken Chinese Salad w/ Plum Sauce and Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette
4) Greek Chicken Tycoon Salad with Basil Vinaigrette

All of the salads minus the Fiesta Taco Salad was brilliant. That salad was more taco than salad, so it pretty much failed at being famous.

They also serve you these dinner rolls that come in unlimited quantities (meaning they'll give you the illusion that they're unlimited but they'll only give you two servings of them). The dinner rolls are superb, by the way.

Is price an issue for you? It should be. Because at first this place will seem pricey to you, as it did me. But once you get into semantics and start thinking technical, the amount of food you get and the amount of cash you dish out (unintentional pun right there), the price is actually pretty good.

Photobucket

And, honestly it's a great place to bring friends, family, ex-girlfriends, work associates, and sworn enemies.

I couldn't recommend this place anymore.

What's great about it, too, is that appeals to all types of individuals who are picky about their diets. Like when I did my food experiment where I gave up Fried Food, Bread, and Red Meat for a month (it only lasted two weeks).

So I give BHC
5 Abe Vigodas out of 5 Abe Vigodas

-ryan

No comments: